Moving to your new home is an exciting journey. However, there are a few things that you might forget in a hurry during your move.
1.Here are a few things that require address change after the move:
- Bank accounts
- Utilities, cable, phone, and internet bills
- Medical professionals
- Life and car insurance
- Pet’s veterinarian
- Subscriptions (magazines, newspapers, etc.)
- Plan for Your Pets
- Moving to a new place can be stressful for everyone in the family, including your pets. Just like how you plan and organise your moving day, your pets are sensitive to moving and change Similar to how you would plan and organise things accordingly on a moving day, your pets will also need their own set plan. With this, your pets are taken care of, for a smooth move.
- Decide whether your pets will be staying with you all day or you will drop them off at a family member or boarding facility. If your pets will be staying with you during the move, make sure you reserve a room specifically for them and place all essentials such as plenty of food, water, bedding, and toys. If you have a dog, plan breaks every few hours to take them outside for a short walk. After the move to your new home, have another designated room for your pets there.
- Pack an Essentials Box
- When moving, you may need to prepare a box containing all the essentials in your home. Preparing an essential box will ensure all the critical things are packed in one place and easy to access. Your essential box should include things required during the first night and a few days in your new home. For instance, you can pack paper towels, toilet paper, medicines, dishware, cutlery, and entertainment. You can also prepare a separate essential box for each family member having clothes, medications, toiletries, etc.
- Plan Your Meals
- Amidst all of the chaos on your moving day, you may forget one of the most critical things – food. A person on moving day can easily forget about having a snack or meal. With an empty fridge and a packed up pantry, you would want to plan your meals beforehand. You will have to plan your breakfast, lunch, and dinner ahead of time to avoid last-minute scrambles. Opt for a takeout meal or prepped meals on your moving day. Additionally, you should also plan your meals for the first few days in your new home.
By hiring a professional removalists company, you can take off stress from moving and ensure peace of mind. Our removalists in Hobart and Launceston will ensure both your new and old homes remain damage-free. Contact us to get a free quote today!