Regardless of whether you are moving across the street or somewhere interstate, an unplanned move can cause several issues that may leave you overwhelmed. As interstate removalists in Hobart, we ensure your move is as pleasant and stress-free as possible.
Here are a few handy moving tips to help you settle in at your new home easily and faster.
- List Move-In Details In Advance
- Planning a move requires time and careful thinking. Even the most straightforward removal can be a huge blunder in case of miscommunication or any mistake. Such issues can delay your moving process. Therefore, ensure you list down and plan every little moving detail in advance. Confirm the check-in time and pick-up location of your keys. Also, confirm the check-in process time and where to park your transport. You wouldn’t want to wait for keys or deal with a parking ticket during your removal day.
- Place Boxes In Respective Room
- Unloaded the boxes from the truck? Great because now it’s time to place them in their respective rooms. Ensure you have planned the layout of all the rooms. Placing the boxes in their respective rooms will help you unpack more easily and take less time. Remember to label all your boxes with the contents and room number or name before moving them as it will help the removalist to place the boxes into their respective rooms while unloading, making the entire unpacking process easier.
- Unpack Necessary Items First
- Now it’s time to unpack! Not something to look up to but with pre-planning and unpacking only the essential items first, it can be manageable. Place those essential items somewhere accessible and visible during the moving day. Put your new keys on your keychain and keep them within your reach, away from clutter to avoid losing them. Always pack charging cables and devices together to avoid digging through boxes. Never pack items such as purses, wallets or jewellery into packing cartons.
- Clean Home After Unpacking
- Done with unpacking your belongings? Now it’s time to clean your home. After you unpack and arrange all your belongings, chances are your home will be a little messy. Cleaning your home after moving and unpacking is as essential as pre-move cleaning. Post-move cleaning will ensure you have a clean start in your new home.
- Enjoy Your New Home
- Once you are done unpacking and cleaning, enjoy your new home! While you start getting used to your new life, take time to fall in love with your new home.
As an interstate and furniture removalist in Hobart, we offer a comprehensive range of quality relocation services to those living down the street, across Tasmania, interstate, or even overseas! Contact us on (03) 6272-1111 or request a quick quote.