Moving houses is always a stressful process, to and it can be especially challenging when you lose items or displace them in the move. Moving interstate or internationally can also be incredibly daunting and chaotic, especially if you misplace smaller items such as your passport and driver’s licence. If going about the moving process by yourself appeals to you, consider that you can risk losing important belongings which are hard to replace, therefore resulting in spending more money than necessary.
The best way to approach moving homes/locations is by hiring a removalist truck or seeking ways how to find a removal company. With Andrew Mathers Removal & Storage, you can rest assured that all your belongings are in safe hands. We say this because we have been interstate removalists in Hobart and Launceston since 1870. Yes, that’s right, more than 150 years of experience. With our thorough expertise, we’ve provided suggestions below on how to find a removal and when to book a removal company, helping make this adjustment process easier for you.
Things About Removal Companies You Need To Know Before You Hire Them For Your Move:
Many companies in Australia offer moving services. Their services can range from packing offices or houses, moving belongings and furniture, and unpacking them. The issue is that all companies advertise this which makes it confusing to pick a company that will move your things safely.
Outlined below are the services that a removal company in Hobart and Launceston, such as ours, have to offer:
- All services: Make sure that the company you’re interested in offers a complete range of services such as removal trucks for hire, packing, moving, temporary storage and unpacking. It is important to confirm that they provide packaging supplies.
- Service Areas: Many removal companies in Hobart and Launceston offer different kinds of services depending on the location. If you are moving in the same city or vicinity, search for a local removalist. If you’re moving to a different state, look for a regional or interstate removalist company.
- Budgeting and payment options: Before you finalise a service, find out how much a removalist costs.. Look up the average cost of moving according to your needs and compare prices to get the best results.
- Item list: It is vital to know whether all your items are accepted by the company to move. Some companies may exclude large, oversized items, luxury items, fragile items, flammables and liquid items. You don’t want to be stuck with a few items that they refuse to move on the day of your moving.
- Packaging supplies: Looking for packaging supplies is a hassle. Make sure that the removalists provide their own packaging material and boxes.
- Storage: Sometimes the space you’re moving into may be small. In a scenario like this, you will have to hold on to some items before you decide what to do with them. Hence, find out if your choice of company offers temporary storage for long or short term use.
- Insurance coverage: Insurance coverage is a must. A company must not only provide punctual services, but also insurance coverage in case they lose or damage your items.
- Policies: Find out if the company has unreasonable moving policies or take time to resolve issues. These are signs that you should not hire them.
- Customer support: Reaching your service provider easily gives you confidence in case you encounter any problems. Gauge how easy it is to reach them and ask questions. Once you know they’re easy to reach and reasonable with their policies, you’re good to go.
- Reviews: Always check reviews of previous customers sharing their experiences to know the services of your removalists better.
You May Also Like:- How Much Do Removalists In Australia Charge
If you’re thinking about when to book the removal company, it is advised to do it beforehand and not last minute. If you’re moving to your local area, book your services two weeks prior. If you’re moving interstate or regional, book your service a month or two prior since you will need time to assemble your belongings. This also helps save money by being assigned removalists and drivers in advance.
Andrew Mathers Removal & Storage guarantees the safe-keeping of your belongings and has been doing this for decades. We set a standard for removal companies in Hobart and Launceston, where we offer a plethora of options for our clients, such as hiring a removalist truck. Visit our website at https://www.amathersremovals.com.au/services/furniture-removalist to find out more about our services or to fill an online form today.